Wednesday 17 November 2021

Turkle & Digital Communication

 Wilfredo Harris

November 17th, 2021

CMNS-150

    Sherry Turkle talks about how our reliance on devices changes how we communicate and I believe that is certainly true!

I've made a bunch of friends from the online world. Friends I wouldn't even know existed if it weren't for the internet and the little community I'm a part of. While I consider them close we can't ever like arrange a meet up for like tomorrow because we're all across the continent, even the world. So a lot of our conversations do miss that key aspect of having someone in the room to chat with, being able to see their body language and expressions. That interpersonal relationship will be built differently compared to a friendship irl.

 But there is a hope we will someday meet up! While that key point of communication is lost, we can build it. It'll be like becoming friends all over again as we get used to actually physically being in the same space but that's going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video!

 Wil Harris Dec 07, 2021 CMNS-150 Hey! Here's a link to the video for the final project! it was super fun to make! I've had a blast ...